Linda L. Weise
Founding CEO of the Colorado Springs Conservatory
October 8, 2015
National Guild for Community Arts Education
Linda Weise, a lifelong lover and learner of the performing arts, established the Colorado Springs Conservatory in 1994 to bring world-class arts education to the region. A graduate of Oberlin Conservatory in piano and vocal performance, Linda continued her postgraduate work at The Juilliard School for Opera Studies.
A tenacious advocate for building community through arts education, Linda has cultivated partnerships with countless civic, arts, governmental and business organizations in the region with which the Conservatory collaborates extensively. Among these are the Colorado Springs Philharmonic, Regional Business Alliance, the City of Colorado Springs, Goodwill, Harrison School District 2, and the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. Conservatory students and faculty perform at over 300 community outreach events each year through which they hone their performance skills, and develop exemplary personal and leadership attributes.
Linda also serves as the Cultural Director of The Mezzanine, a performance arts venue in downtown Colorado Springs that operates as a social enterprise supporting the educational mission of the Conservatory. The Mezzanine presents inspired programming of all genres to enhance the sustainability of arts in the community, and provide a venue at which Conservatory students and alumni perform.
- Arts Schools Network Exemplary School (2013-15 and 2015-17)
- Royal Conservatory Founding School
- Gazette Best Of Awards (2015):
- Best Date Night – The Mezzanine
- Mover-Shaker in the Arts – Gold – Linda Weise
- Nonprofit Arts Group – Gold – Colorado Springs Conservatory
- Musical – Bronze – Oklahoma!
- Changing Disabilities to Abilities Through Music – Jorden “Jordy” Smith
- A Positive Note, Colorado Springs Conservatory
- Mayor’s Spirit of the Springs Award (2013)
- El Paso County State of the Region – Making a Difference Award (2013)
- El Pomar Foundation Awards for Excellence, Arts & Humanities (2008)
- Colorado Springs Diversity Forum – Nonprofit Division
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Colorado Springs Alumnae Chapter (2015)
- Girls Scouts of Colorado – Women of Distinction presented to Linda Weise (2012)
- Pikes Peak Arts Council Classical Music – Outstanding Small Group (2012)
- The Chamber of Commerce –State of the City (2007)
- Gay & Lesbian Fund – Outstanding Non-Profit Organization (2007)
- Pikes Peak Arts Council Awards (2002, 2004, 2007)
- Colorado Springs Business Journal – Women of Influence –Presented to Linda Weise (2006)
- Pikes Peak Arts Council Classical Music – Small Ensemble, Amahl and the Night Visitors (2004)
Linda serves or has served on these boards of directors: Governor’s appointee for the State Board of Colorado Humanities, Vice Chair Colorado Springs Leadership Institute (CSLI), Citizens Soldier Connection, committee for the annual Range Riders Street Breakfast, Regional Advisory Council for Central City Opera, Chamber Orchestra of the Springs, Greater Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce, Friends of the Fountain Fund, and PILLAR Institute for Lifelong Learning. She is a graduate of both Colorado Leadership Institute and Leadership Pikes Peak.
Linda resides in Colorado Springs with her husband Keith Wells and daughters C.C. and Kelsy, where she pursues her vision to bring arts experiences to a wide and diverse population.